Friday, August 20, 2010

Paul Washer Sermon

If Jesus is not enough to motivate you to godly living, you don't know Jesus.

Let's keep it simple, Christ and Christ alone. I have need for nothing else.

It is to put your life at His disposable.

You only have one struggle and it's the one thing that I struggle with too: Are you going to put your life at Christ's disposal? What do You want me to do today? Here I am Lord.

Oh Lord I want to be so active that you have no time to tell me what to do. This is our attitude in the church today.

God will honor a heart that makes any kind of attempt to be at His disposal.

There's one thing my hard head can't pound through: the love of Christ--it knocks me to my knees.

He was poor, many times was tired, many times had anguish but He was never empty because He was putting His life at the will of His Father, at His Father's disposal.

You feel empty. Let a little red flag go up. You need a vacation? You put yourself at the disposal of God and you won't be empty any longer.

He might want you to draw near unto Him and cut half your activities. Ephesians 5:2

If you say you have nothing to give, you're saying God gave you nothing! It's better to say what He hath given me, I shall return.

False humility is a great destroyer of many things.

The times in which I have died to self have been the happiest points in my life. When I put myself before everyone else, those times are the most miserable times in my life.

The thing about it is: DIE.

It's all about Jesus Christ being first, second, third, fourth, and fifth. What I'm trying to say is Jesus Christ is EVERYTHING.

Die to yourself that you might have life.

I have never given anything away that I have felt sorry for. I have never been self-sacrificing and looked back and regretted such things.

Does being theologically correct mean anything if we don't die first?

Are you empty, then die? Are you miserable, then die? Are you feeling icky inside, then die?

In the kingdom, its about going down the ladder not going up it.

It has been a long time since I've listened to a Paul Washer sermon. Oh my, how I had forgotten what I had been missing! These previous notes are from his sermon on Die to Self, Surrender to Him on SermonAudio.com.

No comments: