Friday, November 24, 2006

Me

I know, I know, I'm getting carried away. Well, I received an email from Biola advertising their new student blogs which are super duper neato (all you potential Biola-goers check them out) but anyway each of them had a section about themselves. I have officially decided I really haven't introduced myself fully. My section under "About Me" does not do any justice so here it goes.

My Favorite Things
Christmas...thinking about my husband...writing to my husband...worshipping in my car all alone...praying with others...dancing all alone on wood floors...dancing in the rain when you're so soaked you don't care anymore...cookies...ice cream...laughing so hard my tummy hurts...remembering my daddy...talking in the bathroom at school during yearbook with a certain girlfriend...driving and singing love songs...cooking at Ronald McDonald...watching the snow...playing in the snow...being in the south...the southern homes...the old architecture in the northeast...drinking hot chocolate outside when its really cold...swinging on swings in the park...swinging on a porch swing wrapped in a blanket...watching the stars...doing cartwheels...being held...singing as loud as I want and no one tells me how bad I sing...Christmas lights...the book of Genesis...the book of Hosea...burrowing into my covers at night...when you can see your breath because it is so cold...when you can draw on the car windows...frozen blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries...singing Christmas songs in October because you are just so happy...white Christmases...the joy of Christmas morning...the joy that comes when your around the person/people you love...the feel of the chill in the air during the winter...fall... winter...children...tin lunch boxes...ice cream truck

My Favorite Smells
Christmas...cologne...clean sheets...baby...mountain air...pine tree...cinnamon...my momma's cooking...rain...snow...my mom...new shoes

My Favorite Sounds
Christmas music...my sister singing...swing dancing music playing faintly...my husband singing in my ear...Grace's laugh...rain on a tin roof...splash of pool water...the cut of ice skates against ice...things sizzling on the stove...many people praying at once...the entire church worshipping together...children playing and laughing

My Favorite Movies
Beauty and the Beast...Cinderella...The Notebook...Pride and Prejudice...The Lakehouse...Take the Lead...Save the Last Dance...Aristocats

My Favorite 'Feels' (you know what I mean)
Getting a really good, comforting hug by someone who you really love and who you know really loves you...being held by my daddy...being held by my Father God...warm sheets from the dryer on a cold winter night...cool, clean sheets on a hot summer night...big hugs by little hands...people playing with my hair...soft hands...worn jeans...pajamas...the blanket wrapped around you during Christmastime...the grass beneath your feet during the summer...the sun against my skin in the cold days of winter...someone putting their hands over my eyes not too tight and not releasing too soon

1 comment:

Matt said...

i love northeast architechture!