Thursday, November 23, 2006

My Daddy

So...long day...no one called....everyone enjoying their families....here I am cutting hundreds of squares for a quilt...my hands hurt...and my heart hurts....I wish my daddy were here....here next to me...I wish my tears were gone and that he was wearing his clothes instead of them sitting in the dining room on a chair in squares...I wish my daddy was here to call me his princess, his girl, his daughter...to hold me in his arms...to talk to me about how stupid guys can be...to protect me and guide me....to talk of me at his job like I was the most precious thing in the world to him...to teach me my chemistry and my math....to teach me what to look for in a husband...I wish he were here with me....to teach me what exactly a Christian man looks like... oh, God why is he gone?...Why did You take him from me?....Why do I have to sit here thinking about this?...Why?....God, I know why...because I had to come to know You...but was that Your only way...Why did it have to happen this way? I don't like it, I don't like it one bit. It hurts too much.

No comments: