Friday, February 19, 2010

Wedding Bells Are Ringing!

Rachel and Brandon are getting married at the end of March. I have had the opportunity to make the groom's cake for the wedding and the possibility of my constructing the normal wedding cake is still up in the air. I haven't made a cake in so long and I am truly looking forward to his opportunity. You can't just make cakes to make them because they never get eaten!

I love weddings. I love the dress and the ceremony and all the special touches that each bride and groom choose to put into to. It is a beautiful joining of two to become one. Oh I long for the day when I will be the bride in such a ceremony. Although, there is much growth that I must see in my life before even entering into a courting relationship.

Every once in awhile, I think about what my wedding will be like. I used to think about this A LOT! I had every detail planned and ready to go. If you read my blogs from years ago, I wrote as if I was getting married the next day. This was insanely ridiculous because at the age of sixteen, eighteen, and even now, I am so far from being ready to get married. The Lord has grown in me some contentment towards the whole situation by His grace. He is so good to me. Although, I do not cultivate or submit to this contentment as much as I should. Anyway that leads me to what I was going to write about...

I had Texas chili and cornbread for breakfast. I think a casual country wedding would be so fun. (Disclaimer: I like thinking about weddings. This is just a fun idea. I'm an events kinda gal and thus like to plan what to do for what. This is just one of my events.) I would have it in my parents' backyard or in a field of some sort. I would have guests sit on bails of hay with quilts covering them. I would be wearing a casual dress (most likely with pockets). Maybe even some cowboy boots. We'd have square dancing and line dancing later under the stars. There would be lanterns everywhere with little candles. We could have Texas chili and cornbread. The day would be so relaxed and comfortable. Slow. A hoe-down wedding.

No comments: